Went looking for a wedding dress for the first time today. And by "looking" I mean that I popped into a store around the corner from my theatre on the way home from work. I was there for about a half hour and have since made the following rules for myself:
1. Do not base your whole happiness regarding the wedding on this dress. It's the celebration and the marriage that are the cake; the dress is just the icing.
2. Do not wear a black bra & panties while shopping for a white dress. Nothing will look good; unless you're going for a punk rock/rebel sort of style.
3. Do not shop for your wedding dress at the Dress Barn.
That is all.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the Dress Barn tip. I might have made that mistake when I get married one day. Of course, by then I'll get a senior citizen discount at Kohl's so might just get my dress there.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I love your "brand."
My sister had really great luck at RK Bridal (http://www.rkbridal.com/). She tried on a few dresses and then her surly, sort of hunchbacked, 12 packs a day assistant hobbled over to a rack, hit it emphatically, and said, "THIS is the dress." It took a few more try-ons, and a few more stores, but wouldn't you know it, she wet right back to the store and bought THAT dress! It is still one of the greatest stories from her wedding.
ReplyDeleteMany congratulations to you and Jon. How very exciting!