I love care packages. I remember being a kid away at camp and getting a care package covered in stickers from my mom, filled with food and candy and maybe a book, and bright post-it notes with reminders to "be nice" and "have fun" accompanied each item.
When I went to college, 2 hours away, the care packages continued - filled with food (thank god!), and sometimes candy, and more often a book - and the bright post-it notes reminded me "you can do it!" and "call your mother" - and still the cardboard box was covered in stickers.
Moving even further away from home toward the bright lights of New York City kept the door open for continued packages of care - and this time, when they were sent to work (because sending boxes to an apartment building is hardly ever reliable) they became a source of entertainment for the whole office... what did she pack, what could I share, and of course, what kind of stickers were used?
A wedding care package arrived today. With two dress options (one for me, one for the baby girl). With several different candle options. With a few table cloth options. The care package being used for the first time as a means of decision-making for the inter-state-planning.
But this time, no stickers. I must really be a grown up now.
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment